Tommee Tippee No-Touch Forehead Thermometer
This thermometer is quick, accurate and easy to use. Just hold the scanner up to 1.5 inches away from the center of the forehead, press the start button and the temperature will be shown on the LCD display panel within two seconds.
- Non-intrusive thermometer for forehead readings
- Perfect for reading the temperature of a sleeping child
- Fast, 2 seconds reading
- Fever Indicator for when your baby’s temperature is too high
- Memory function (stores the last 25 readings)
How to use:
1. Turn on the power by pressing and releasing the STAND-BY (ON/MEM) button once. The backlight will come on and the start-up sequence will begin.
2. When you power on the unit you will see the icon for measuring the temperature of your child’s forehead on the screen and you will hear 2 beeps. This is the default mode.
3. Hold the thermometer on or up to 4cm away from the center of your child’s forehead just between their eyebrows and hold it steady.
4. Press the START button and keep the thermometer in place until you hear a final beep.
5. You should now be able to read your child’s temperature on your LCD display.
6. Wait for the forehead icon to stop flashing before taking the next temperature measurement.
What do the temperature readings mean?
>35.7° - 37.4°c (>96.3° - 99.4°F) Acceptable
>37.4° - 38.5°c (>99.4° - 101.3°F) Elevated
>38.5° - 42.2°c (>101.3° - 108.0°F) Possible High Fever
REMEMBER if you are concerned about your child’s health you should see a doctor. Even without a fever, your child may still need medical attention.
- This thermometer is not intended as a substitute for consultation with your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children aged under 12 years.
- Do not allow children to take their own temperature unattended.
- To avoid risk of choking from swallowing small parts or batteries please keep the device out of the reach of children and pets.
- The device should not be submerged into water or other liquids (not waterproof).
- The scanner lens is the most delicate part of the thermometer. Be careful when cleaning the lens to avoid damage. See care and cleaning section.
- Do not use the thermometer if there are signs of damage to the scanner or the thermometer itself. If damaged do not attempt to repair the product.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Always make sure that the scanner lens is clean. Use a 70% alcohol swab or cotton wool moistened with 70% alcohol to gently wipe the lens clean, then allow to fully dry for at least 1 minute before using. Never insert a sharp object into the scanner area or any other open surface on the thermometer. Keep the thermometer dry and away from any liquids and direct sunlight.